LANGUAGES + WATERSPORTS
Courses / LANGUAGES + WATERSPORTS
International Summer camp combining English or Spanish with a fantastic range of watersports which takes place at the sports complex of Port de Palma. Student's from around the world share a comprehensive and fun program on Mallorca's beautiful island.
SPANISH OR ENGLISH:
Our language courses offer an active and dynamic way of learning. We have over 15 years experience, and, with a group of highly qualified and native teachers we ensure the classes are taught in a natural and fun way.
The courses consist of 15 hours per week, from Monday to Friday, and students will keep practicing the chosen language all day long!
15 hours per week tuition. Monday through Friday - 3 lessons of 60 minutes per day + 10 minute break between lessons.
Qualified Spanish/English teachers
Spanish will be the language spoken during the program. All monitors and teachers speak English to help beginner students if necessary.
Groups arranged by age and skills.
All academic materials supplied
Students will practice a wide range of watersports for 3 hours everyday. With the help of our National Sailing School instructors, they will learn how to assemble and dissemble the parts of a sailing boat, wind awareness, improve their balance whilst learning paddle surf and windsurf and learn rowing techniques with kayaks at sea.
A great way to spend a summer in Mallorca enjoying the sun and the sea!
Sailing, windsurfing, paddle surfing and kayaking, 15h/week (3 hours per day Monday to Friday). Classes will be held in the mornings or afternoons, alternately each week, learning how to sail in different weather conditions. With theory and practical lessons taught by qualified Spanish instructors from the National Sailing School of Palma. An official diploma from the National Sailing School of Palma is awarded. Classes are scheduled, supervised and given in Spanish.
The programme is located in the marina of Cala Major. A great location with direct access to the sea and surrounded by unique beaches and places to visit. Only 10 minutes away from Palma city centre, and 15 minutes away from the airport, students will be able to enjoy language classes and watersport activities on campus.
This is a residential programme. Students share multibedded dormitories and bathrooms. The port of Cala Major has two residences, fully equipped classrooms, canteen, swimming poor, outdoor area, common rooms and much more. Students are supervised 24 hours a day.
- Shared rooms and bathrooms
- Girls and boys are accommodated separately and according to age.
- Laundry service for students clothing (optional).
- Cleaning service, changing of towels and bed-linen once a week (included).
- Large terrace and a social lounge where students can meet and relax.
- Well-equipped classrooms. Lessons are taught in the residence premises.
- TV Room and Table tennis facilities
- Games room and dining hall
- Wifi zone in the common rooms
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Fully air conditioned building
- Medical centre/hospital 10 minutes from campus
- Full Spanish cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Vegetarian meals available, as well as meals for students with special dietary requirements.
One full day and one half day excursion per fortnight.
Half day excursions: Palma visit, Porto Pi, Puerto Portals, Illetas Beach, Festival Park.
On Saturday students can perform different optional activities or enjoy a relaxing morning at the beach near the residence or lounging by the pool.
Full day excursions: Valldemossa, Soller, Can Picafort, Alcúdia Bay, Es Trenc Beach, Water Park.
Our activity programme guarantees a healthy balance between training, study and leisure time that allows campers to relax and unwind. Students will follow the sports and leisure programme daily, having some free time during the evening. Our dynamic team organises a full programme of elective activities and outings:
- Table tennis & Swimming pool & Social games
- A stroll into downtown Palma: the city centre, the cathedral and the Barceló chapel, the Almudaina, the Jewish quarter, the Main Square, the Old quarter with its lively outdoor cafes...
- One or two nights out per week (depending on age) accompanied by staff.
- Night activities: Bowling, Disco nights, Bingo nights, Talent show, International Nights, Sing-Star, Fashion-Night, Quiz, Film, Gymkhana and more.
- Accommodation and full board (breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner).
- Activities, academic material, all water sport equipment.
- Public liability and accident insurance.
- 24 hour supervision of instructors.
- Certificate of language course of English/Spanish.
Spanish/English Classes: 15 hours per week.
Watersports: 15 hours per week.
Activities and excursions
Duration 1-4 weeks
Type course group
Week 1: Oceanography programme from Monday to Friday, 3 hours per day.
Week 2: Language programme from Monday to Friday, 3 hours per day.
Level All levels
Age range 13-18
TEST ONLINE: take our test and check your levelbegin test
DO YOU KNOW THAT SPANISH
IS THE SECOND MOST SPOKEN LANGUAGE IN THE WORLD?
Achieve a level that allows you to communicate with international businesses and broaden your job opportunities.
Be able to visit and communicate in 21 countries.
Learn and experience new cultures and customs.
LEARN SPANISH IN THE HEART OF THE MEDITERRANEAN, ENJOY THE GREAT WEATHER ALL YEAR LONG AND IMMERSE IN THE SPANISH CULTURE.
Discover some of the most beautiful beaches in the world as well as unique cultural experiences; take advantage of the water sports and hiking to see the natural beauty of the island.
Experience Spanish learning surrounded by native speakers and join in on their day to day activities.
Learn in small classes that will allow you to have maximum student to teacher attention.
Don´t forget to visit...
Canyamel is situated at seven kilometres from Cala Ratjada, between Cap des Pinar or des Raix and Cap Vermell. It is a valley through which the torrent with the same name flows the whole year, where ducks and marine birds live, and next to Serra de Sant Jordi and Puig Negre. This touristic and residential area is located nearby a wetland formed by the torrent in its mouth. The beach is beautiful and you can also visit the Coves (caves) d Artà (450 metres wide and 310 metres long), the second in Majorca, situated in the cliffs of Cap Vermell and visited by Jules Verne, Victor Hugo or Alexandre Dumas and others. This fine-grained golden sandy area is very crowded by local visitors and tourists.